Thursday, October 23, 2008

Do They Sail to the Bermuda Triangle?

For some reason, about once a month I get an e-mail from The Yachts of Seabourn. This month they want to get to know me, and tried to entice me to click their link with a pentad of tray-bearing, tuxedoed valets with soggy shoes.











I clicked.

They asked for my name and address, the usual stuff. Then they had a check list, I Dream Of . . . which has items on it such as:
  • Discovering the kings and Czars of Scandinavia & Russia
and,
  • Discovering the gilded shrines of Southeast Asia (Asia, India & Arabia)
Maybe someplace where people don't mind getting salt water up their rented tux leg there isn't a recession. But this is their business niche, so good luck to them.

Here's where we have a problem; further down the list they had a Grand Voyage, which they promised to be the "Journey of a Lifetime". But wait a minute -- under that, they had the "Ultimate Voyage". I thought the journey of a lifetime was already the ultimate. Now we have a paradox; an impossibility created by thoughtless and sloppy marketing folks.

I hope the time-space continuum doesn't have a fit.

No comments: