Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wednesday Night with Sylvie

I thought you might like to see one of our Therapy Dog classes with Sylvie's K9 Solutions

Here's 100% dog (complete with therapy class bandanna) in rapt attention to his handler. . . er, his daddy.








Here's my other favorite, Gracie, the Pembroke Corgi. My friend at Yasashiikuma raises Cardigan Corgis and says you can tell the difference between the types by the 'broke' part on the Pembroke'. Wanna see where?















Walk and sit your dog. Walk and sit your dog . . .

100% Dog needs a little help. Hope the teacher isn't looking.







Gracie shows him how it's done.








Holding the dog correctly for some loving.

Do you wanna pet my dog?








Sure do!








Stranger test!
100% lets Syvlie cuddle him and passes with flying bandannas. This is a test? Piece of cake for 100P.






Gracie keeps all four paws on the ground for this exercise.







The 'don't be startled by humans with junk' exercise.
Pardon my walker


















It's just an umbrella, silly!














So where was Princess Dog during all this? On my lap, of course.


She has the option to join the class, but complains about old back surgeries whenever she'd rather just lounge around.


2 comments:

Yasashiikuma said...

Lynn & Ward,

You are going to find this probably one of the hardest and most rewarding things that you will ever do in your life.

Doing TDI work I saw miracles, I experienced heartbreak, and got a personal satisfaction that I haven't acheieved despite other successes in many areas of my life.

You're setting out on a journey...enjoy it and be sure to share a travelouge :)

LG Mercer said...

Thanks for those encouraging words.